Community Programme Committee
The International Steering Committee is grateful to the following individuals, all leaders in their respective fields, for giving their time and guidance to the development of the Community Programme of the 18th ICASA. We are proud to have them as the Chairs, Co-Chairs and Members for the Community Programme Committee.
Leadership Programme Committee (LPC)
Dr. Morenike Ukpong – Chair
Mrs. Lois Chingandu – Local Co Chair
|Mr sydney Hushie||Member|
|Mr Frank DeRose||Member|
|Mr Baba Goumbala||Member|
|Mr Kene C. Esom||Member|
|Dr. Fode Simaga||Member|
|Mr Innocent Liaison||Member|
|Mrs. M. Mukamuri||Member|
|Mr Chesterfield Samba||Member|
|Ms E. Masiiwa||Member|
Sessions will take place throughout the day from Sunday 29 November to Friday 4 December, 2015.
Below are some of the topics that the Community Programme Committee has chosen to focus on.
- Valuing Communities
- Making sex safer, making sex better – innovative HIV prevention by and for young people
- HIV in prisons and places of detention: Using rights-based approach
- Succeeding with programmes, failing with the law?
- HIV response in conservative settings: Striking the Balance
- Closing the evidence gaps: The role of KP leadership in research and data generation
- Harm reduction programmes in Africa
- Leaving no one behind: Making the HIV response work for persons with disabilities
- Reclaiming autonomy: African sex workers organizing to end HIV
- HIV in crisis situation: the needs of migrants and displaced persons
- Global Fund New Funding Model: Evaluating Community Participation in the Country Dialogue
- Re thinking African community networks
- Using TRIPS and other regional instruments for greater access to HIV medicines and commodities
- Positioning HIV and AIDS in the Sustainable Development Goals
- Gender-based violence
- Linkages between HIV and Family Planning
- Youth Preconference
- Key Populations preconference
- 2015 Biomedical HIV Prevention Forum
- Community rally (WAD)
- ICASA in the community
Additional details of the planning of these groups will be made available on the website in coming months.